More Sprinkles Oreos
I knew these decorative Oreos would be a great blog post for More Sprinkles not only because they are cute and easy to make, but also because they are covered in sprinkles! They also make the perfect gift, which is why I wrapped them up and sent them to my friends and family who live out of state.
These probably only took me about an hour to make and they turned out so cute. I made a batch of royal icing (which hardens/ is great for shipping) and piped the icing over the Oreo filling. Next, I dipped the wet frosting into various types of pretty sprinkles, let the frosting harden for an hour or so, and then rolled up a stack of cookies in some clear cellophane wrapping and tied the ends with ribbon.
More Sprinkles Oreos (makes about 60 cookies)
- 1 package Wilton’s Royal Icing Mix
- 2 packages Double Stuffed Oreos
- Assortment of decorative sprinkles for dipping
- Piping bag (or ziploc bag)
- Prepare half of the Wilton’s Royal Icing Mix according to the box. Make sure the consistency is somewhat thin.
- Transfer the prepared Royal Icing into the piping bag.
- Snip a small hole in the end of the piping bag.
- Take an Oreo and pipe royal icing around the Oreo’s creme filling.
- Next, dip the Oreo into the sprinkles until all the royal icing is covered in sprinkles.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all Oreos are decorated.
- Leave Oreos out for an hour or longer until the icing hardens.