Graduation Cap Cake Pops
These cake pops were actually a request from one of More Sprinkles’ biggest fans, Tatiana. I got a text saying, “Will you ever make cake pops again?” That text, along with our upcoming graduation this weekend, gave me the idea to make these cake pops.
I had to order two special chocolate molds to make these: the chocolate cup mold for the base of the cap and the square mold for the top of the cap. These two chocolate shapes, along with some candy, make a great graduation cap! Bakerella also has a candy version where you can use mini Reeses cups and Godiva chocolates instead of the molds (but I wanted them to be cake pops).
These cake pops use Wilton’s blue chocolate melts, Funfetti cake balls, Airheads Xtremes candy, and mini M&Ms!
Graduation Cap Cake Pops
- 1 Funfetti cake (baked and cooled according to box directions)
- 1 container of Funfetti frosting
- 3 bags Wilton Chocolate Melts (blue)
- 2 packages Airheads Xtremes Candy
- 3 packages mini M&Ms
- Lollypop sticks
- Take prepared cake and crumble it with your fingers into a bowl. Next add 1/2 a can to a whole can of frosting to the crumbs until the mixture is moist enough to be easily rolled into balls.
- Refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes.
- Now melt half of the chocolate melts and begin filling the square mold.
- Place square mold into the freezer while you fill the cup mold.
- Fill each cup with a small amount of chocolate, then take a small cake ball and press into the cup until the chocolate covers the sides of the mold. Next, pour a small amount of chocolate over the exposed cake ball and press a stick into the center of the cup.
- Place cup mold into the freezer and take the square molds out of the freezer and refill.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you have enough cups and squares.
- Place all squares and cups in the freezer for five minutes while you melt some of the remaining chocolate in a piping bag.
- Take everything out of the freezer and begin to use the melted chocolate like glue to attach the cups to the squares.
- Once all pops are assembled, take the Airheads Extremes, cut out the yellow color, and cut the yellow strip into little tassels. Also sift through the M&Ms to find the yellows.
- When you’re ready, continue using the piping bag as glue to glue on the M&M and Airhead tassel. (It may help to put everything in the freezer again before doing this).
- Now your Graduation Cap Cake Pops should be completed!
- Use any remaining cake pop mixture to make cake balls!